Muhlenberg College Summer 2020 Professional Development Internship
Muhlenberg Summer 2020 Professional Development Internship
An innovative summer program, The Professional Development Internship provides 10 weeks of financial support for current Muhlenberg students while providing students with a professional development curriculum and structured experiential opportunities.
The goal of this program is to assist our students in obtaining professional skills and experiences necessary for future employment or academic pursuits. This program provides an hourly rate of pay, a variety of professional skills training, and structured work experiences despite the negatively affected summer jobs and internships as a result of COVID-19 pandemic and the challenges of virtual working transitions and conditions.
Students selected will receive an hourly rate of $9/hr. for up to 20 hours per week from May 26, 2020 through July 31, 2020. Students will work virtually on various projects submitted by Departments across Muhlenberg College. Professional skills training will be provided by the Career Center, Dean of Student Affairs, and Religious Life. Applications are due Wednesday, May 13th, 2020. Selected students will be informed on Wednesday, May 20th, 2020.
All students are eligible to apply. Selection criteria are as follows:
- Students who are ineligible to work off campus
- Students who are financially disadvantaged
- Students must be able to work remotely
- Students who are interested in completing critical work projects to support the College and developing professional and leadership development skills
- Students who are not employed in another summer College opportunity (ex. Summer digital learning assistants)